Friday, May 20, 2011

day 29 of IM...

Glad to be back and to update you on all that happened while my mom was enjoying her Mother's Day gift.

This is so funny, I asked my "big sister, Alyson" (she was filling in while mom was gone) to send an email re-capping the last week and here is what she sent:

You came home from the hospital on Monday, May 9th.  (After chemo)  You were extremely tired, had fever & chills, pain, mouth sores again, and difficulty swallowing. Went back to COH Wed., May 11th around 6 p.m.  Were admitted and placed on antibiotics. Friday, was much, much better.  (That was after your mom told the doc which drug to put you on.)  You slept for a lot of Saturday.  Came home again on Monday, May 16th.  Is that what you wanted?  I tried to make it short and sweet for you.  :)  You have all the labs I believe.

This is an email project after my own heart. Direct and straight to the point. She deserves much more credit for all that she did than just this short email. She did a great job and I am so thankful for all that she did do. I didn't have one request that wasn't answered by her and she kept really good track of me. It's really nice to have a big sister. Mom thinks so too.

I want to say, Thank you to my brothers and to UP & AL (Aunt Lynette & Uncle Phil) for checking in with me. Your visits & texts kept mom happy and we all know that when mom is happy everyone is happy.

So, now for what's going on today. After having just 2 days of freedom and feeling normal, my labs were high enough and I was admitted on Thursday, May 19th at about 4pm for my 3rd round of the 4, 24 hour high dose chemos and this time the extra dose into my Omaya Port. I didn't get sick and have been doing better I think than the last round. The chemo runs for 24 hours straight and then they run fluids for 24 hours along with an antidote to the chemo, to protect what good cells I have. We are getting this 56 day, IM round under control and getting better at being pro-active with medications each time to prevent or deal with the side effects/affects. I'm hoping to get discharged on Sunday and not have to return for 2 weeks. Anyway, some time at home and feeling normal is truly a gift.

Well, that is about it for this update. Here are my numbers:
WBC: 3.5
RBC: 3.31
ANC: 2.1
Hemoglobin: 11
Platelets: 145

until next time...God bless!
(note: if you have left a comment on a past blog and haven't seen it posted, please email me and let me know. We might have a problem that needs to be fixed, thanks!)

2 comments:

Uncle Phil & Aunt Lynette said...

Hey Tippy,

We are still praying for you constantly. We're so glad you got to come home. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

UP & AL

Anonymous said...

continued thoughts and prayers sent your way!!! Hugs Kari