Monday, June 13, 2011

day 57...and going strong!

wanted to give you and update on my journey...
I am done with all to of the medications and chemotherapy for this IM phase of my treatment and now have until June 26th to strengthen my body for the upcoming phase of treatment.

I have had minimal side effects and managed to go in on a Thursday and out on Sunday of my last 24 hour (glow in the dark) high dose chemotherapy. I have to admit that my freedom did catch up with me, I caught a cold and have a cough! Let's just say that mom's not so happy about that! I can understand though, I don't want to have this turn into something worse because of my low immune system, nor do I want mom to end up sick. Sorry mom Ü.

We just got back from spending 4 days at Newport Beach, in celebration of what would have been dads 53rd birthday. He told us that if we wanted to be near him to go where there is water and because our place at the river is 4 hours away and my doctor does not want me swimming, mom rented a beach house and my whole family was able to spend some good time together right on the beach. It was a great change of scenery and the weather was BEAUTIFUL. We came home today and I am back to work, lol. I had a COH lab appointment today and will post my latest numbers below for you. 

I am really looking forward to this Sunday. I am going to go and be a greeter for Yosemite Sierra Summer Camp. I worked there last summer for and am looking forward to reconnecting with my camp family. The first of many 2 week camp sessions will be leaving from Irvine and I am so grateful to be able to help out by greeting the campers and their families as they are dropped of to travel by bus up to the camp at Bass Lake. I can't wait to get into my "I (heart) Love YSSC" t-shirt and help out. 
Yosemite Sierra Summer Camp website (click here)

Just a little note, we have been hearing from some of you that your comments are not getting posted and that is because, we don't seem to be getting them. We have only received 2 in the recent months. So, if you have posted a comment, please keep trying, and if you don't see it in a few days, please send us an email. I also wanted to say that your prayers are getting through and keep those coming also and from the bottom of my heart. Thank you!


My numbers as of today...
WBC: 2.9
RBC: 3.32
ANC: 1.7
Hemoglobin: 11.3
Platelets: 110




No comments: