Friday, July 1, 2011

New Phase - Delayed intensification...

day 9 of 56...

I am now in "Delayed Intensification" which will last 50 days. I will be doing this "OUT" patient clinic and I am going to do everything they say to stay OUT of the hospital. The schedule is pretty much going into the clinic at COH several times a week for chemo therapy or lab draws. Yesterday, day 8, we arrived at 10am and left at 4:30pm. Being able to come home and sleep in my own bed keeps me focused after these long days.

This treatment does include steroids which if you remember from my 'Induction" phase, has various side effects which are "I'm Hungry" all the time and it really causes my sugar/glucose to skyrocket. The steroids help boost my immune system and help with the side effects. I have had some pretty heavy chemo so far and it takes about a week to start having an effect on my body, so far I'm good!

So what have I been up to, you ask? On Father's Day weekend I reunited with some of my Camp family members. Yosemite Sierra Christian Camp sent their first batch of kids from Orange County to camp and I was there to see them off and this July 4th weekend, they will return and I will be there to send off the second group and see the various Staff members on Sunday. I am praying that during my small break between treatments in August, I can get up to the camp to spend a few days. Please pray with me! The rest of my days are spent playing pool, working with a guy that builds pool cues and just hanging out with my friends.
___________________________________________________________________________________
NEW BUTTON!     "We Need Your Votes" (look to your right on this page)
My mom and a friend have created a project that will help Widow's called Kindergarten to College. Pepsi is giving away money for projects that Refresh our communities and their project has been selected for a possible $50,000 grant!

How the Pepsi Project works is just like "American Idol" or "The Voice" or "America's Got Talent", the project that gets the most votes earns the money. 
Please vote every day this month by any or all of these 3 ways:
1. Clicking the button to the right and "Vote for this idea" 
2. If you have unlimited texting: Text* 107533 to Pepsi (73774) to vote from your mobile. *Standard text messaging rates apply. 
3. If you drink Pepsi, look for the words "Power Votes" on the packaging or for a yellow cap on the bottles. There is a code inside the packaging or under the cap that you can give us Power Votes. So look for the "Power Vote" link on the Pepsi Refresh Project website give us your Power Votes from 5 to 100 MORE votes. You can enter up to 10 codes per day or just email us the codes and we can do it. 

The websites is makes it easy. If you have questions, you know the drill...send us an email. So spread the word and THANKS! in advance.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Here are my numbers...
WBC: 12.9
RBC: 4.34
ANC: 10.3
Hemoglobin: 14.5
Platelets: 191

Happy July 4th and love to all of you...

No comments: