Wednesday, August 3, 2011

day 42 of 56...

well, I just wanted to give you an update. Last Thursday was my Ommaya port chemo for this round and starting that day I developed a headache and nausea that couldn't get relief from. I told them on Friday when I came in the clinic for chemo and they though it was because my hemoglobin was low. The gave me some medication for pain that really didn't do anything but dull the pain and on with this dose of chemo I get pre-medications to help with the nausea. They sent me home and hoped that the headache would correct itself. 

We came back for my Saturday dose of chemo and I still had a headache told them and they decided to give me 2 units of blood to help with the hemoglobin that was 7.3. They said that will help. I got my chemo and more med's and was sent on my way. We went home and we were going to spend the rest of my day with Grant, Jen and Christopher. 
Uncle time with Christopher, great medicine!

As the night went on I started to get nauseated and then then sick. From there I went up to my room and they all went down to let Christopher swim and have dinner at the pool. So, let's just say from then, it has gone from bad to worse. I made it through the night and back on Sunday to COH to get my last round of chemo for this week, still very sick and feeling lousy. Well, there was a lot of "observation" and not much action or treatment. Set home again, in order to return for an added appointment to get what is called IVIG. It is a blood product that helps boost my low count of immune stuff that should be in my blood. So on Monday, I received more blood and somewhere between 10am check-in and 6pm while receive another 2 units of blood I spiked a fever. I had chills like I have never had before and because of the fever I didn't receive what I came in for the IVIG. What I ended up getting was "admitted" and have been in-patient since. (Note: my biggest frustration is that all of this is happening while my Doctor is out of the office at a seminar, so I have been observed by doctors that really don't know my history and are doing their best to get this under control)

I have been treated with various antibiotic. Ones that fight thing from bacteria and fungus. Today, my fever is down and I did receive the IVIG and am still getting IV antibiotics with the hope that it will all work together to get me stronger and out of here for my 23rd birthday on Monday.

Not much good news I realize and as my dad would have said. "it is what it is".

until next time...blessings!

Here are my numbers:
WBC: 0.5
RBC: 2.88
Hemoglobin: 9.0
Platelet: 36

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comment??? My blog administrator has done a little modifying to try to correct the problem we are having. Please feel free to leave your comments, again. We need to see if this issue truly has been corrected by Google.
Thank Ü

chris yeo said...

hang in there brother!