Sunday, August 7, 2011

day 46 of 56...

yes, another update...

I am still in-patient, actually about now I'm pretty im-patient. Today is my 10th day straight in just being here in the City. I have been trying to bribe the doctors to let me out and they are just smiling and closing the door. I have high hopes that Monday, my birthday, will be the day. My doctor will finally be back in town and I know I can talk her into it.


I have to admit that this stay I have felt the worst ever. I had a fever and headache for 3 days, which requires multiple kinds of antibiotics which in turns creates nausea and stomach issues. I wasn't even hungry up until just yesterday, so it's been a great diet program. I have had a never ending supply of medications and drugs to try to ease all of my pain and discomfort. I have received multiple transfusions of blood and platelets and on Thursday, was given my day 42 of chemotherapy. What a disaster that was! I clearly was not on my favorite floor, the Ped's floor. The nurses on this 5th floor are not use to giving chemo from a protocol and therefore use that as their excuse in making errors. If it weren't for my mom here day and night to watch over me, I would have missed 2 different pre-medication, she had to ask why they weren't being given. The nurses did not know how to give the Chemo that is injected into my thighs. I asked the two nurses to inject at the same time and one of them went on 1 and the other went on 3, to which I replied, "at the SAME time please!" so the next two were at the same time but not without pain.

This stay as truly given an even worse reputation to Hospital Food, my order was never right! and as mom says, well the one good thing is, it gets you from one meal to the next. Thanks, Mom Ü  and Yes, as you can expect, Mom has sent an email to the "who's who" of COH, letting them know how much better the place would be for every patient, if they would just let her run it.

So even though this is a bit sarcastic, you all get the point. I'M OVER IT AND JUST WANT OUT!
my view for the last 6 days!
Here are my numbers as of today...
WBC: 1,3
RBC: 2.89
Hemoglobin: 9.0
Platelets: 64

until next time...

1 comment:

Laurie Wheeler said...

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪**░H░A░P░P░Y░ ░B░I░R░T░H░D░A░Y░**TYLER**♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸