Thursday, April 21, 2011

day 4 of IM...update 4/22 6:30am

well, we have God news and not so good news...

The God news is that my blood levels stayed high enough and I will be able to get my Port-A-Cath tomorrow, Good Friday @ 12pm. This will be replacing my pic-line and give me the freedom from having to have the tubes hanging from my arm and will eliminate the chances of another infection, dressing changes, covering it to shower, having to have it flushed each time it needs to be used. FREEDOM!  The Port-a-cath will be under my skin in my upper chest. Then when it is needed, they will insert a special needle, which will give them complete access to the vein for drawing blood and giving chemo or blood products. YEAH. Thanks for your prayers.

Now for the not so good news...
This high dose treatment kicked my butt today. I have had aching in my legs and they have not been able to control that pain and I have been nauseated so I couldn't eat my burrito that mom brought me from Chipolte, (my favorite food). I had to settle for a sip of Sprite and 2 soda crackers. I finally managed to get to sleep about 3 this afternoon and mom is standing guard outside my room to keep out all disruptor's (not sure that's a word, but it works). So, "note to self" Round 2 - stay on the anti-nausea medications for one day longer.

Here are my surgery worthy numbers for today, thanks to all of YOUR prayers...
WBC: 2.7
RBC: 3.3
ANC: 1.6
Hemoglobin: 10.6
Platelets: 117
The doctor said to expect these to start dropping after day 5 or 6. We'll deal with that later!

So until next time, Happy Easter Weekend! He is Risen! Tell a friend Ü



No comments: