Sunday, April 24, 2011

day 7 of IM... Easter 2011

just wanted to update all of you...

On this day of celebration of Jesus' resurrection, I ended up in the hospital. I had my surgery on Friday, and made it home and into bed by 7pm. My neck was sore and stiff along with my throat feeling swollen. We thought it might be because of the surgery so Saturday, we tried Tylenol, aspirin and pain meds and nothing seemed to keep me comfortable. By this morning I could hardly swallow and I was running a low grade fever. 

Mom jumped into action and call the after hours hotline here are COH, (its called, the ETC, emergency treatment center, note: it's NOT an emergency room.) she and I answered all their questions and told them all that we had done to manage the pain and they told us that they would call the On-call doctor and call us back. Well, they did call back and told us that they wanted me to come in so they can see me. 

We got here about 1:30pm and they began running a lot of test like: a chest x-ray, blood draws both from a stick in the arm and also a stick in my new portacath, a urine test and a nose swab. After just a short time they started me on antibiotics based on what they saw on the chest xray and then told me that I was going to be admitted because my throat was really swollen, red and showing signs of breakouts and they figured it was going to be worse before it got better. They also said that they have better ways of treating it and better drugs for pain management. They can also keep me hydrated and fed via liquids better, OK? So, I am in the right place. Laying in bed looking up to my Father that I trust completely to know what is best for me and then out the window in time to see a jet stream and knowing that my dad is right here with me.

Mom, made a made dash to Wally World for hospital wear for the few days I may be here and also to buy some cup-o-noodle and mac & cheese, my anytime snacks to say nothing about the fact that she knew it would be warm for my tummy and easy to swallow. I have really been lucky not have this mouth issue sooner because the mouth cells are the first to take a beating and they are the first to be irritated and also the first cells to heal. So, for that I am thankful, or at least I will be once they heal.

Anyway, that's about it from here, enjoy your family's and all the food that they brought with them. Thanks for your prayers and staying with me on this journey.

Happy Easter! He is Risen...(tell a Friend!) that's for your Mike B and in memory of Mr. Wallace.

1 comment:

Linda and Michelle said...

Yes, he is risen indeed. We thought of Grandpa Tom (Wallace) often yesterday. And we are thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers.
Linda (and Craig)