Monday, April 4, 2011

day 43-46...

Sorry for the update delay, the ghost writer was putting together her view of our time together. Thanks for your patience.


Thursday, March 31, 2011

Well, I’ve made it through another week with God’s help.  Monday started off with low numbers, so I needed blood products. I also received the chemo I was scheduled to have. As always, Mom was watching to make sure all was done correctly. Thursday brought another day of low numbers. I ended up receiving blood products again today. Mom was taking a much-needed rest, so she called in the B team, Aunt Lynette. We watched some T.V., and Aunt Lynette was entertained with all the procedures. She’s still a rookie!

It made for some long days in the hospital this week. I’m thankful that I’m still feeling pretty good, just tired. I’m looking forward to a good weekend, visiting with some friends and then starting a repeat of this week’s routine next week.

As always, I’m grateful for your company on my journey. Keep those prayers coming.

Here are my labs from Thursday:
WBC: 1. 7
RBC: 2.19
ANC: 1.0
Hemoglobin: 6.8
Platelets: 22


Aunt Lynette’s 2 cents!

What a great experience Thursday (3/31) was! It was fascinating to watch all the procedures. Tyler was bored with the whole thing, but it was new to me. My day went very fast! ? So many blessings filled that day:
•    Tyler was healthy enough to walk into COH on his own! PTL
•    He knew exactly what he was doing, what to expect, where to go. I was just blessed to be a second set of eyes and ears for the day.
•    We had our own room. Tyler knew exactly which room he wanted and politely asked for it. Smart boy!
•    His nurses are delightful, humorous, patient and kind. You can tell they like Tyler! (That didn’t surprise this Aunt in the least!)
•    My wonderful nephew watched I Love Lucy and cooking shows with me! How sweet was that? Laughter was the best medicine that day, for sure!
 

I am so grateful for the time I was able to spend with Tyler (and would do it again in a heartbeat). I am proud of how he is traveling through this unexpected journey in his life. He’s a good man. I couldn’t love him any more! Thanks for sharing your day/journey with me, Tippy. 

I love you bunches! 
Aunt Lynette

2 comments:

Grant said...

The suspense is killing me, come on Aunt Lynette!

Anonymous said...

Wow - Tyler your 46 day journey is almost over! You've been so strong, patient and full of courage. You have lived out Psalm 62:1-2 "My soul finds rest in God alone, my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken."

Praying often that God continues to bring complete healing into your body and granting His peace as you take the next steps on this journey.

Big hugs...

Lisa Krause