Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 19 of Consolidation,,,

this out-patient schedule is much more demanding than being in-patient. I find it very interesting that both words end with patient....

We've spent over 45 hours at COH for 10 appointments. Here was my schedule for the first 14 days.

Day 1 - Labs & 4 rounds of Chemo
Day 2 - 2 rounds of Chemo
Day 3 - 2 rounds of Chemo
Day 4 - 2 rounds of Chemo
Days 8-11 same routine
What these day do not included is the time spent receiving blood transfusions. Each pint of blood takes about 2 hours. Remembering that the Chemo is killing the good and the possible bad blood, which is its job. I did need several transfusions.

Day 15 - Labs & 3 rounds of Chemo - this was a really bad day! I wasn't given my pre-medications for nausea, as I should have been. The pill was still in the nurses pocket when shortly after getting my infusion, I got violently sick, my first time and hopefully my last. I was finally discharged after a 10 hour day! Let's just say that "the email's hit the fan" the next day. Mom was on the phone getting names and sending emails to anyone she could get a number or address for. Don't mess with MY MOM!

Day 18 - Labs and blood transfusion

I have needed and am going to be needing a lot of blood and platelet transfusions which are provided by donation. So if you are in the area and have the time, remember that you can come to COH donation center by appointment and give what is called a "direct donation" in my name. This will not only help me but also help replenish the supply. I do want to say "thank you" to those of you that are coming in and donating and because of 'Privacy Policy's" they cannot disclose your names, so please just post a comment or let me know somehow. I have silicone bracelets and I would love to send you one and most of all be able to say THANKS!

So to stay with tradition, here are my numbers for yesterday:
WBC: 1.4
RBC: 2.8
ANC: 0.5
Hemoglobin: 8.4
Platelet: 54

This next week will be the same schedule as last week, treatment on Monday & Thursday. Then back to the schedule of the first two weeks. So it might be easier to say, that I have two weeks with one schedule and then 2 weeks of another, which rotate back and forth. This will be for the next 8 weeks. 

I guess it's a good that I am doing well and therefore don't have much to report and bad because I don't have much to report here on the blog. SOOOOOOOOO call, text, comment, skype, facebook or maybe even visit if you are HEALTHY.  Most of all keep praying. It's great to have a village of supporters.

Until next time or I hear from you first...

We haven't forgotten you...the bracelets will be in the mail soon. Thanks for your patience ΓΌ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello... Sounds like these 'out' patient appointments are pretty loooong and bussssy! Plus you didn't add the driving time to and from the treatment center..sign.. Hang tight Tyler! Hey do you know if there is a place in Northern California where I can give blood in your name? Praying for you daily and look forward to reading your updates so thanks for taking the time to post! Big hugs and God's peace and comfort to you!
Lisa Krause and family

Eunhye said...

Hey there Fletchy!

It's really inspiring to read your blog, thanks so much for taking the time to let everyone know how you're doing!!!In Sydney, me and everyone at Hillsong Church are stretching out our hands and our faith towards you; that you're gonna be healed in Jesus name! We're petitioning heaven for you amigo! Just particularly praying Psalm 103 over you tonight friend.

1 Let all that I am praise the Lord;
with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
2 Let all that I am praise the Lord;
may I never forget the good things he does for me.
3 He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.
4 He redeems me from death
and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
5 He fills my life with good things.

My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!


He's going to exceed your expectations =]

Fight well this week!

Love,
Erica Yi.