Monday, February 7, 2011

let the Consolidation begin...(revised)

hello again. to all of you...
We have had a few days to catch our breath and I have been under doctors orders to REST. I had some visitors to the house, Kent came by to cut my hair and beard, I rode with mom on a last minute trip to Micheal's to get more yarn and we took a trip to my Aunt and Uncle's to see their newly remodeled house. 
Aunt Lynette, ME, Mom & Uncle Phil
Kelsey, ME, Carrie & Tayren
 
 
 
 
 
day 1 of Consolidation...

This begins the 56 days of Consolidation. The schedule is CRAZY and basically you go to one place in the building and then when you are done, they then tell you where your next appt is and how to get there. 
Monday's will be the longest day.
It involves: drawing blood to see what my numbers are. Today they were GREAT! so I didn't have to have any blood products to build my counts. So next, I went to see the doctor, then we went and got a bite to eat
, while waiting on the car to go get some lunch, Mom and I spotted the one and only plane making a jet stream. (those of you who know the jet stream story, know what that means!) then back to radiology for chemo to be given through lumbar puncture, then while I am laying flat for 2 hours I will get 2 other chemo drugs.
BUT not today... I went in for the procedure and they weren't able to get any fluid. They went into a higher spot on my back and then they checked with the xray and the xray showed that everything was in the right place but after about 4 attempts to draw spinal fluid and the pain that came from the needle hitting the nerve, it came up dry. So the tech said he would try again in a higher spot to which I said, AHHHHH NOPE, I want to talk to the doctor. 
So, after I talked to the doctor and he talked to the doctor, it was agreed that we would have to put off this medication for the day and move on to the other 2 medications that are to be given in another building. I now have all the comforts of my induction phase, room, bed, bathroom and my best distraction TV and some "happy" drugs Mom keeps reminding me, "nothing just happens" & my dad's famous saying, "it is what it is". These are the Fletcher Family motto's to live by. I will be here for a few hours and then hopefully on my way home around 8:30p.
Tonight I will begin a pill form of chemo that I will be on, for most of this study, up to a 3 year program. So to say the least, Mondays, for the next 4 weeks will be the tough days (hopefully, not as tough as today). The good part is about all of this is that I will get to go home each day and sleep in my own bed, peace, quiet and home cooked food. 
Tuesday - Thursday for the next 2 weeks...
I have to go each day for chemo and have blood drawn to keep track of how I am doing.
Friday - Sunday...REST!!!!
We are trying to find a calendar gadget to add to this blog, so that all of you can see how crazy the schedule is and then know what day I am on, what I am having done and where I to find me. 
Here are my numbers for today:
WBC: 2.7
RBC: 3.41
Hemoblogin: 10.4
Platelets: 183 !!!!! (above 100, so I'm off to radiology)
We have bracelets that are Orange, which is the designated color for the fight against Leukemia. If you would like one please email us your address and we would be glad to send you one. You have two choices in bracelets: CANCER SUCKS or SAY IT, FIGHT IT, CURE IT. We also have youth sizes in the SAY IT, FIGHT IT, CURE IT. We also have rings that say HOPE, they run really small, mom is wearing hers on her pinkie. Let us know, it is our way of saying Thank You for being on this journey and your way of saying I am a "friend fighting for Tyler"
we will update you soon, feel free to stay in touch..

1 comment:

Uncle Phil & Aunt Lynette said...

Hey Tippy,

As always, AL and I are praying for you. Another big day today. We are so proud of your attitude and willingness to go through this with courage.

As for a calendar gadget, you should be able to do it with Google Calendar. I can show you one of these days.