Tuesday, February 15, 2011

it's been awhile...

well, let's see, it's day 9 of 56...

we left off with my new medication port, I came home on Thursday night after my chemo treatment. I was battling nausea, a headache and I just wanted to crawl into bed and wait for all of it to pass. Well, that is pretty much what I did, until Sunday.

On Sunday, my second family (YSSC) was having a reunion and I woke up feeling as though I could at least make an appearance. This took everything I had and by the time I left the reunion (after 4+ hours) I felt great. It was a good kind of tired and so great to see everyone. I have to admit that night kind of turned a corner. My appetite started coming back and I started feeling stronger and with little to know head or stomach pain. It was God medicine, a medicine that can only be given by friends that truly love and and care about you.

This weeks treatment is going to be pretty much the same as last, minus major surgery, of course. The process is not quite as streamlined as being in a hospital room. I have to go to them, wait in the waiting rooms, and wait some more. The clinic I am treated in is so busy and for every sick person is one well person and sometimes a family. Can you say, busy? 

Monday, I needed a blood transfusion in order to receive my Chemo. My numbers have done pretty well considering I am getting hit 7 out of the 7 days in a week with several kinds of chemo instead of the once per week while in the hospital. 

Here are my numbers from Monday:

WBC: 1.3
RBC: 2.64
Hemoglobin: 8.1
Platelets: 226 whew heewwww!

So this blog is dedicated to all of you who are praying and supporting me and my family, you're doing a fantastic job and I want to say thanks and keep up the God work. 


No comments: