Tuesday, February 1, 2011

results pending...

I know, I know everyone is wondering... what's the news?

Well, here is just a little update to catch you up. Monday, MY doctor drew my bone marrow at 11am and she didn't have trouble getting the vile full but even she wasn't sure that there was enough marrow. She couldn't see as many little particles, that are bone fragments, that she is use to seeing, mostly blood but I can tell you that she was pushing so hard on that needle that she was pushing me down into the bed. I really don't think she could have pushed any harder. Mom said that she was using all of her body to push and that her hand was even shaking because she was pushing so hard. The Fletcher's have strong minds, bodies, souls and bones. lol
The sample was sent out to Seattle, WA for testing and as of today we still don't know if there is enough to test or what the results are, if there is. We are hoping for Wednesday. So while all of this waiting is going on, there is talk of me getting to go home. That in itself is encouraging. All of that paperwork is in place. So it can be this week or in about two weeks from the day we get the results. (of course you have to factor in Hospital Time)

My numbers are...
WBC: 1.4
ANC: .5 (new, see margin for normal)
      these are the 2 most watched numbers that have to climb
RBC: 2.90
Hemoglobin: 9.2
Platelet: 62
Glucose: 152


Here are pix of my room, I want to say thanks to Kent and Laurie, for helping my mom get this room ready for me to come home. Ü

BEFORE!!!! Ü

New Bed & Headboard
Custom Closet


Drop down desk
Closet before (gold trim)
Closet after (matching custom trim)


New raised shower head

Old goofy shower head













So there you have it...you're all caught up. I look forward to reporting God news to you the next time you visit. Thanks for checking in...

5 comments:

Missy's Musings said...

I love seeing your WBC's come up and your ANC...i pray for you everyday Fletch!!

Uncle Phil & Aunt Lynette said...

Hey Tippy,
We're still praying for you to hear the best news possible. Which ever way it goes, we know that God has his hand on you. Aren't you glad that you have Him to walk this road with you?

We love you!

UP & AL

Anonymous said...

Your room is looking GREAT! Let Mom know we're here to help if she/you need anything. Can't wait to see you in your new room!

Love you! UP & AL

Anonymous said...

Love the pix of your new room! Nice job Mom and bro and sis...

Praying for GREAT God news!!

Keep fighting...

Hugs to you all...

Lisa

Anonymous said...

continued prayers!!! Think and pray for you every single day!!!!
love the new room... nothin' like home sweet home. God news... it's on it's way, Hugs to you, your Mommy, Your bro's & Laurie,Gods love Kari