Friday, January 28, 2011

half of the news is in & its God news...

day 30...
well, needless to say the day started a bit out of my control. My doctor came in and she did the regular exam and then stated that she is hoping for the results to be here before the end of the day. Great! Then in comes the nurse and says "transport" (that's those guys that push you in a wheelchair or on a gurney from one place to the other through secret hiding places and in elevators that they take you in one on one side and then push you out the other) is on their way to take you for a liver test. HUH? ooooookkkkkkk but my breakfast just got here. I leave the food and off to have an ultrasound. When I get back, I eat my breakfast that my nurse spared my frosted flakes and milk. Yeah, thanks Theresa!

Well, around 12:15 I decide to order my lunch and my mom calls in what I thought I wanted ,only to find out that now my diet has been changed. HUH? ooooookkkkkk. No concentrated sugars? whatever that means and that meant that half of what I wanted I couldn't have because of low carb, low bacteria, at least this is what the kitchen is saying. This as you can imagine sends moma bear into a "what do you mean he has to watch his sugar and is being restricted as to the amount of carbs he can have and limited calories?" She pushes the button to call the nurse and then calls the dietitian while she's waiting for the nurse to come in, she is going to get the bottom of this! Long story short Mom Wins! more than a few wires got crossed and the problem was resolved. My body has been doing pretty well at maintaining my sugar and I have only been off of the steroids, which has been causing my sugar problems, for less than 24 hours.

I had a visit from some good friends from young life and was able to spend some time away from "my better half" (unhook for the iv pole) and that was a really nice break.

So, soon after that my doctor called with God news and bad news she said, ooooookkkk. The God news is that the bone sample was clean and without any leukemia cells found. The bad news was that the bone marrow sample was unable to be used for testing and another one will need to be done on Monday. This is the test that needs to be less than 1% residual cells. oooookkkkk. So here is the long and the short of it. This weekend I will pretty much be chilling here and allowing my blood to continue to build. On Monday, I will have just a bone marrow draw ant then it will take 2 days for the results to know whether or not I am on my way home and onto the next phase "consolidation" or if I need to stay for the "extended induction" for 2 more weeks. 

We also had some more God news and that was that the doctor did a search for possible bone marrow transplant matches for me in the National Database and the over 1800 potential matches cam eback! That's great. Now she will run what is called a High Resolution test and see how many of the 1800 are even a better match. This is on the "if" I am to need a transplant. God is good because I only need 1 match!

So, I want to thank you for all of your prayers and God for hearing them up to this point. I can wait a few more days in order to make sure that this ugly disease is in remission. 

Here are my numbers for today:
WBC: .80
RBC: 2.88
Hemoglobin: 9.2
Glucose: 171
Fibrinogen: 245

until next time, stay in touch & God bless you and our God news!

4 comments:

Alyson said...

Holy cow! I'm exhausted by just reading what you had to entail all day! Tyler, you are stronger than you think. If you have to stay a couple more days, God has a definite reason for that. And I love your mom! Go Jayne! Nobody is going to get anything past her. Oh friend, I've been thinking and praying for you all day! I will continue to do so. Cyber hugs! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow - Tyler - this is awesome God news!! I can't believe there is 1800 matches... totally God! You are keeping up the fight young man very well... 30 days phew... this in itself is exhausting yet you are hanging strong! Praying the bone marrow test comes back good and that you are able to good home... however, if not, God will continue to be with you (as well as your momma) and all your cyber friends. May this passage encourage you... Isaiah 40:28 "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who HOPE (and trust) in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Never Give Up, Tyler!!

Robert said...

Hello Tyler whats up? Yah that sounds very busy. I hope you don't get too tired from it. Me and the crew here were just talking about you and we all hope that you continue to improve. Take care, bud.

Robert & ONH staff.

Lauren Freeman said...

Wow! Warrior status. You are so strong. Rest in the LORD, we all need that sometimes. I'm praying for you!!! Love, Lauren LoLo Freeman