Tuesday, January 11, 2011

day 12...

well, I slept pretty well and my stomach felt a bit better. This morning, my brother Kent filled in for my mom so that she could attend her bible study. Kent tried to direct traffic from outside my room when he got here in order to let the patient get his much needed sleep, unfortunately he lost the battle when and as Tyler seemed to think, about 15 people came asking questions, talking and then leaving. I want to post a notice on my door, "This Patient Does NOT like morning, please allow him to have his breakfast before entering." I really don't think that would help. 

The day brought new medicines to my day which is called Cryopercipitate that this is to help with the clotting factors in my blood and then Antithrombin which is a drug to prevent blood clots. I know you, are probably scratching you head right now. To help a little, our blood contains separate factors for clotting and to prevent blood clots and both of mine are lower than normal. That's is why they are doctors and I am the patient. 

Beanie making has caught on with the nurses and now we are letting them pick a color and making one for them. 
Nurse Theresa (alias: Christina)

I don't know if I posted the picture of one of my nurses but for you Greys Anatomy fans, she could be Christina's twin. She looks, talks and acts just like her as long as she has a mask on she could pass as her twin/sister. I even noticed that she wears Gray's Anatomy scrubs. Anyway, she wanted one for each of her boys, she had tried to make them herself with a square loom and wasn't successful so mom volunteered to make two for her.
Nice and comfy, thanks mom!
Mom has something to keep herself busy, doing all that she is doing for me and then as always for others. 

Here are my numbers for today:

WBC: .30
RBC: 2.80
Hemoglobin: 8.8
Platelets: 28
Glucose: 241
Blasts: 000000000% 

Also, today I went and played Texas Hold-em with some other patients here on this floor and did what? Beat them. (with a little help from the Recreation Therapist giving me her chips) Ü

Thanks for checking in...

2 comments:

Missy's Musings said...

The nurse in me HATES your WBC. I am going to be more specific in my prayers.
Love,Missy

Uncle Phil & Aunt Lynette said...

Hey Tippy,

You hat looks great! Stylin'! We love you and continue to pray for you. Keep up the good fight!

Love,
UP & AL