Thursday, January 13, 2011

day 15...

well today started bright and early with a bone marrow biopsy, then back to sleep until 12pm. Then a bit of a unexpected change...I received my 3rd chemo infusion during the day. I really liked the after 10pm infusions because I was off to sleep and my mom kept watch. Well, today she still kept watch but I wasn't off to sleep until my nap at 5:30pm. Up for a bite of dinner and then will be back to sleep under the watchful eye's of my mom.

We have added a link to the COH Blood Donation Center. We hope this will help you with any questions you may have. Please still leave a comment or email us if you plan to donate here at COH because the blood bank will coordinate the donations so that the blood can be drawn and given to Tyler based on how often he will need either platelets or blood. Make sure you include your contact information with your comment or email. We also have a kit available if you are interested in being placed on the National Registry for Bone Marrow Transplant. Again, we want to say that this is such a special gift that all of you are giving. It will make a difference for me and for many others.

Today's Numbers:
WBC: .3
RBC: 2.53
Hemoglobin: 8.0
Platelets: 26, 31 & up over 40
Glucose: 153
Blasts: 0%
More Platelets last night
Cryopercipitate today and that number is climbing slowly: now 164 (normal 170-440)

1 comment:

Robert Vandenakker said...

Hello Tyler, this is Robert at New Hope. How you doing, bud? I don't know what all those numbers mean so you'll have to fill me in when you have time to write me. Are you still using a cell phone? You sound well, I hope that you are indeed in good spirits. All of us here have been talking about you a lot (maybe you felt your ears burning) and we all feel so sad that you got cancer. We know you can beat it cause you are big, young and strong! I really hope that I can come to visit you if you can do it. Can you have visitors?
I have been very busy with stuff, I go to college out here by Hemet & classes start this Wednesday so I am only working part-time now at ONH. I got some good news yesterday at the doctors office-we are having a baby girl this June! I can't wait to meet her! Other than that I don't have any news to share. Miss ya big guy. Take care. Hey write me at work: robert@onhcares.com