Saturday, January 15, 2011

day 17...

to give a short update...I have done pretty well since round 3 of my treatment. The biggest side affect is fatigue and tiredness. I am still being treated to build my blood. I have been having different infusions that in an attempt to help me build and keep my counts up.

Here are my numbers for Day 16:
WBC: .30
RBC: 2.70
Hemoglobin: 8.4
Platelets: 33
Glucose: 244
Fibrinogen: 173
Blasts: 0%

Today, Day 17:
WBC: .30
RBC: 2.73
Hemoglobin: 8.6
Platelets: 24
Glucose: 244
Fibrinogen:129
Blasts: 0%

I spent the day resting, I am able to get back to sleep after the morning rounds and so my days are starting a bit later. I want you to all know that I am still not able to have visitors because of my WBC. Once that number begins to climb and stay above 1.0 then I will be able to see those of you who are healthy. I just don't have the ability to fight against the smallest germs and at this stage I do not want to even get a cold because of the strain it could put on my body and it is already being pushed its breaking point now in order to kill and put this cancer into remission.

Also, because of the chemotherapy I am not able to focus for very long on reading or typing. So, I am still going on FB and Skype, I just can't stay focused for a very long conversation.  It makes me sad to tell you this information and I all of you will understand that you all mean so much to me and I am thankful to all of you for joining me on this journey and I want to be  able to be completely honest with you. That means the good, the bad & the ugly,

Thanks for your understanding, just knowing your out there, makes being in here, better. I am on day 17 of 28 and depending on if my Leukemia is in full remission on day 28 will determine if I have to stay for what is called "Extended Induction" which is another 14 days or I get to go home. So keep praying and we will let God answer.

3 comments:

Alyson said...

Hi Tyler,
I am glad to hear that you are getting some rest. Anyone who loves you will understand about no visitors and not being able to be on the computer for long periods. We all want you to get through this and stay healthy. Love you so much. I was wondering...in your next update, can you tell us how many days you have actual chemo...maybe it was already mentioned???? It seems every 3 days you have chemo? I am so happy that you and your mom are updating the blog. I check it every night. :) Sending you huge cyber hugs! xoxo

Paul and Julie said...

Go Tyler, Go Tyler, Go, Go, Go Tyler!! You can do this..fight this fight..keep strong! Praying for you!!

Julie and Paul

Alison said...

Hi Tyler! It's Alison Ghazarian Fleming.... Grant's friend from high school. My brother, Jeff, is friends with you on Facebook and told me about what you are going through. I just wanted you to know that I will be praying for you daily. Many, many hugs and lots of love.