Sunday, January 9, 2011

day 10...

today was pretty quiet. I have to admit this was my first lousy day. My stomach started hurting and it is a pain that I can't describe and it really hasn't gone away nor could the nurses find something to help in my various prescribed list of drugs. The nurses tell me to remember that every cell in my body is being killed essentially and it cause an overall irritation of all of my organs. They also told me that stomach pain is a very common complaint of patients going through chemo.

I am more tired and don't have as much energy as past days, today was the first day I took a nap. I am doing my very best to settle into this new journey and trying not to fight it. Each day will have issues good and bad and with God and my mom at my side I can make it through.

I want to let you all know that I am confined to this floor now and can't even go out into the lobby. This floor has a special filtration system to protect all of the patients from bacteria and germs. I would love to have visitors but I have to keep myself protected and also the other patients on this floor, so "it is what it is" for now. I do appreciate all of your prayers, encouragement, notes, texts and emails they are the fuel that keeps me fighting. All of you are an important part of this journey.

Blood Counts today:
WBC: .50
RBC:  2.20
Hemoglobin: 9.0
Platelets: 39
Glucose: 151
Blasts: unknown, not recorded in last nights test?

Thanks, for checking in Ü...make sure you give us your vote on the poll regarding the medical info...

5 comments:

River said...

Hi Tiny Pants!

I'm sorry you're not feeling too well, hopefully that doesn't last too long! It would have been nice to see you yesterday since I drove right by you, but I'm glad that they are doing what they can to keep you healthy on your floor. I won't be coming down again in the near future, but hopefully you're feeling well enough to have other visitors soon. Keep up the positive attitude! Peace!

~River

Anonymous said...

Tyler your attitude is amazing and very inspiring! Even though today has you feeling icky you are rolling with it... We are praying for you daily entrusting you to our Father's healing hands! Keep up the good fight... a friend of mine had cancer also at a young age like you. Her saying was 'Never Give Up!" So I charge you with the same... "Never Give Up the Fight!"

Lisa Krause and family

Unknown said...

Hello Tyler.... I've been reading about what you're going through and I can empathize from my experience. Listen to all your doctors cuz they're the experts. Glad to know you're at COH... I have several friends who went there, even one who had a bone marrow transplant too. It's tough but you will get through. You sound like you're keeping up a good attitude... Way important. If you're in some pain... make sure they know it and get it under control. You shouldn't have to be miserable... give em' a little push!
I'm sending prayers your way and know God's got a plan! Take care and I hope you feel better soon. God Bless you , Robin

Uncle Phil & Aunt Lynette said...

Hey Tippy,

We're so sorry we didn't get to see you this weekend. We really wanted to. Being around kids all day, we're afraid that we would bring too many germs if we came to visit after work.

We try to turn Skype on in the evenings when I can. Are you Skyping with your computer?

We miss you, but we're praying for you every day, many times during the day.

We love you Tippy!

UP & AL

Alyson Stiles said...

I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well today. :( I wish I could take that away for you. Hopefully, you will feel better tomorrow. I will check later this week to see if you can have visitors. I know that it is very important for y...ou not to "catch" anything. I think about you and your mom ALL the time. (And I pray for both of you all day long.) You are amazing and what a great "little" bump in life you are going through to share with others. God has huge plans for the family in regards to all that you are going through. I love you much. Thanks for having the blog go again. It makes me feel like I am part of everything you are going through and it helps me to know how to pray for you. Get some rest! xoxo Alyson