Tuesday, January 4, 2011

quite the day...not a quiet day...

day 5
I am finding out that weekend life vs. weekday life in the hospital is much different. Today I was suppose to have another round of chemo. It is going to be by injection and in the muscle. Well, as hospital time goes sometimes, 10a turned into 2p, that turned into, it's on its way, that turned into it wouldn't be ready until 6p. So we had good news and bad news. Good, not needles today and bad, going to have to wait until Tuesday because they prefer to give the medication during the day shift because any reaction that may occur and the day shift nurses are use to dealing with these issues. O K

At this point my attitude has been one day at a time and God's timing is perfect. So I ordered my dinner and took it easy for the rest of the night. I am able to download movies from itunes and the hospital has a pretty good channel selection. I like watching Law & Order and it's on USA channel during the day so that really keeps my mind off of all the stuff going on here.

My blood work is showing that the chemo is doing its job. Unfortunately, my white count has now dropped below 1000, so I need to have minimal exposure to germs and I need to stay in my room and very few visitors. Also, as expected my blood sugar level is really high because of the steroids, so now they are treating that with insulin when it gets high. I am also expected to lose my hair, I am letting it do its own thing until that happens and then will shave it all off.

It has been good to stay up with all of you via the internet. I want to say "thanks" to all of you for joining me on this journey.

2 comments:

Uncle Phil said...

Hey Tippy,

You are still in our prayers all day long. Lots of people who don't even know you are praying for you. Isn't that cool?

Did you finish my hat?

Love you!
UP

Paul and Julie said...

love your attitude Tyler! Keep it up..God is good..and like you said..has perfect timing!

Julie