Wednesday, January 26, 2011

day before, THE DAY...

day 28...
Good news to report,
  1. My blood is working on its own and slowly building, with just a little help of platelets or whole blood
  2. I have enjoyed short visits by some good friends
  3. We have made enough beanies, and giving A Gift of Hope,  for the Children's Floor. Our thanks to the "friends fighting for Tyler".
  4. I will get an opportunity to go to the Children's floor tomorrow or Friday to teach them them how to make beanies, our family's organization has donated the loom's and yarn to the hospital for recreation and also for the family members to use during their stay here.
  5. I was visited by Season 2, American Idol contestant, Josh Gracin today. Thanks to Sean's mom for thinking of me and having him visit Ü.
Here are my numbers:
WBC: .60
RBC: 2.80
Hemoglobin: 8.9
Platelet: 34
Gluecose: 307
Fibrinogin: 205

day 29 will start with an 7:30a bone marrow test and then at 11a or 3p a lumbar puncture depending on how successful they are at getting my platelets up over 75. Ouch Charlie, that's going to hurt me!

Click here for a video that is a family favorite! 


This, of course is THE DAY and we will find out how successful this first 28 days has been. The result should be in by Friday evening (but remember we are on hospital time). We want to have less than 1% of the bad cells. Then if my blood continues to improve, I will be headed home and them moved on to the consolidation part of the study I am in.

it's great to have you on the journey with me, thanks!

A REQUEST FROM MOM: Please send any photos of Tyler you may have, I would like to make a collage of these photos and add to them as we travel this journey. If you visit with him, tell him to remember his phone and tell him "your mom wants a picture of us together". Please send these photos to the email address on the right side of this blog. If you have any questions please feel free to email me. Thank you in advance for taking the time to search for these and send them. Ü

3 comments:

Kathy & Bob Cason said...

Hi Tyler,

We are praying for good news and that you can go home soon!
Thanks for taking time to update your blog, it gives us specific things to pray for.

Kathy and Bob Cason

Anonymous said...

I am such a non-computer nerd I cannot get my comments posted, so decided (finally) to let you know of our concern for you and others in the family. Lynette had called us the day after his admission so our prayers have been ongoing as have many others. He is obviously a brave and believing young man. Hopefully we can meet him someday.

Our prayers have also been for you and the added strength such a calamity requires. The Lord has His plan for our lives and it remains a mystery to us. Such times can bring onslaughts of wonder in our lives. I am grateful that you know that our needed strength comes from Him. Pass on to Tyler our best of wishes. Jack and Jo Ann Blaylock

Grant said...

Charlie, that hurt me! Tyler, i wish I could be the one taking those 'ouch' moments from you! You are so strong and courageous; I am in awe of the way God is working in your life! I Love You Bro- and hope to hear great news tomorrow!

You are in His Grip!

Grant