Monday, January 17, 2011

monday update...

I've been hanging out over the weekend. My results of the last bone marrow had to be sent out to the study lab  last Thursday and were suppose to be back this evening. But as hospital time goes the lab did not get a chance to read the slides today, so we hope to have the results Tuesday. These results are pretty important to whether or not what they are doing is working as they think and I'll get out of here in the 28-30 days or if I will need to stay an additional 14 days before going home. I know that I am on God's time and it's perfect!

I have had the chance to see a couple of friends, mostly because I begged the doctor to let me go into the lobby and she had to okay it for the nurses to let me lose. I did find that I really didn't have as much energy as I thought but it was good to see some friendly faces and different scenery even though it for just a short time.

Both of my brothers have given blood samples to see if they are a potential match for a bone marrow transplant should I need one. We found out that Kent is a half match and are still waiting for the results of Grant. As it stands now, the doctor is not expecting to do a transplant although we are only half way through this induction and things can change depending on how I respond to all of this chemotherapy.

I want to say thank you to all of you that have donated blood, do me a favor and let me know when you do because I just might be up to a brief visit. Make sure that you tell them your donating for me and if it can, it will be processed and ready for me as I need it and if we aren't a complete match it will still be a great gift to someone else and replace the blood I have used.

I am asking for God's peace, strength and understanding throughout this journey for myself, my mom and my family. I will update you with as soon as the results are in. I will also be getting another Lumbar Puncture and chemo in that spot and my regularly scheduled 4th round of chemo on Thursday Day 22.

I pray for God to bless each one of you in a special way for joining me on this journey...
kickin back on day 19


WBC: .3
RBC:  2.82
Hemoglobin: 8.8
Platelets: 28
Glucose: 181
Blasts: 000
Fibrinogen: 113

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

think and pray for you and yours daily... hang in there. Gods love Kari

Aunt Lynette said...

You're as cute as ever!! We are so proud of you and the way you are resting in the Lord! Have Mom give you a kiss for me/us! We love you and, as always, we're praying!
UP & AL