Sunday, January 2, 2011

happy new year...

Well, so far 2011 has treated me well, I am still free of the nausea and other side effects. I feel good and spent New Years Eve with my mom and her friend. We celebrated a New York time zone New Year so that I could get some sleep. I'm getting use to hospital life, having to call a nurse every time I do anything & I mean everything. They are keeping track of it ALL.

My white blood count (which is my ability to fight infection) is dropping. My hemoglobin that was 4 when this all started is only 7.3 with 13-18 being normal, which means my body is still having trouble making blood and my blood sugar is going up because of the steroids, soon this will be managed by insulin. ALL of this is expected. They are trying to kill all of the bad blood cells and all of my numbers are the indicators that is what is happening. Even though it seems bad, it's all good signs.

I have to take a lot of steroids, this study I am in, has found that it is the best drug to keep my body fighting and keep me from feeling nauseous. I am still hungry and eating and the food is decent. I can pretty much order anything, any time and as much as I want.

I am going to be getting a laptop and will be able to skype, facebook and email much easier than on my phone. So watch for me online in one way or the other. Being able to stay in touch with all of you is great!

happy new year...

8 comments:

Agnes Cliffe said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you,too, Tyler.
Sounds like they are treating you pretty good. Keep that good attitude..that means a lot!

Love you,
Agnes

Paul and Julie said...

Hey Tyler,

Praying for you buddy! Just thinking about those good times we had diving looking for weird stuff in Havasu! Keep your head high. We are praying for you.

Julie and Paul

Unknown said...

Hello Tyler,
So sorry to hear what ur going thru. I want u to know that I am praying for u. Sounds like u have quite a medical team lined up behind u! COH is great! Keep up your spirits...you'll beat it! Love, Robin V.

Cassie said...

Tyler-
Happy New Year and I am so glad to hear about your improvements. God Bless and keep up the good fight! Hope to see you soon when visitors are allowed.

-Cassie Shafer

Susan said...

Just want to let you know you are in my prayers! Thanks for posting updates- it is great to hear of your progress! Susan (friend of Lynette & Phil)

Mary Hagstrom said...

That mom of yours can make anything into a party. You are an inspiration Tyler and so is your mom. Your mom was there for me when I was going through a tough time many years ago and I will always treasure her for that. May this verses be an encouragement to you: Jeremiah 31:3 “I have loved you with an everlasting love” and Heb 13:8 - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
We will continue to pray for you and your mom Tyler.
The Hagstrom Family

Anonymous said...

How cute are you? That is a GREAT picture of you and your Mom! Love you, Sweet Boy! AL :-)

Kathy & Bob Cason said...

I love the pic of you and your mom celebrating New Years!

Hang in there Tyler...great things are ahead for you!

We are praying for your complete recovery.

Bob and kathy Cason