Sunday, January 23, 2011

overdue update...

day 25...I am doing good, I have been feeling good and I really don't have much new to report. I am spending my time watching movies, Law & Order and CSI. Today, my brother Grant came by for a visit and my Aunt and Uncle are coming this afternoon. 

On friday night, my mom and her friend went on a FIND FOOD NOW excursion. The food service here stops as 6:45p and then the only thing that is available is PB&J or Tuna, yuck! So they went out to the grocery store to find something that I am allowed to eat and that would satisfy my hunger that is caused from all of the steroids I have to take. They were successful by bringing back frozen chicken patty & biscuits that could be microwaved by the nurses and then brought into my room on their plate. This is of course to eliminate any possibility of bacteria. I am eating as much protein as possible because I am having to watch my blood sugar/glucose as you know because of the steroids, which means more protein and less carbs. There is so much to keep track of and none of it really is in my control.  So the bottom line is that I eat off of the menu that they give me, as much as I want and as often as I can from 6:45a to 6:45p and now I have a backup stash in the nurses station for after hours.

My mom and brother Kent are really busy getting my room ready at my mom's house. We picked out furniture from IKEA, mom calls it I Kill Ya because she feels like a mouse in a maze looking for cheese. Kent has been the delivery and put together person. I have seen pictures of the process and will post them once it is completely set up for me. She thinks of everything and then even rethinks that. Ü

Here are my latest numbers:
WBC:. .20
RBC: 2.76
Hemoglobin: 8.4
Platelets: 28, 34
Glucose: 305
Blasts: 0
Fibrinogen: 184
All of these numbers are with the support of many different blood products each day. I still remain side affect free and for that I am grateful.

Thanks for checking in and just a reminder: if you post a comment make sure you let me know who you are, I've had several comments signed, Anonymous?

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Tyler! So glad to hear that you are still feeling good. I can't wait to see what your new room will look like! :) Your mom and brothers are pretty darn awesome. Parying for the big results to be good so you can go home. You have handled all of this so bravely. You are quite the young man. I love you! Get some rest and keep those updates coming. xoxo