Wednesday, June 4, 2008

close only counts in horseshoes...

We made it out of bed and to my appt @ 6:30am as requested. We sat in the waiting room and watched the staff arrive at their scheduled time of 7am which means my test wasn't going to start on time. I was called in at 7:20 and they told Jayne it would take about 45 minutes. Jayne went down to get coffee and was just settling into making my birthday lists for this weekend and out I came. 

I wasn't able to have the test done because once I laid on down on the table and they put their xray stuff over and under me and they had me put my hands over my head and slid into the tube, I couldn't breath nor was I going to be able to hold my breathe for 30 seconds at a time as needed to get the best pictures. The tech was really nice and apologetic and told me that the doctors would figure another way to find out about the vein. 

So on our way home Jayne got on the phone called the surgeons office to let them know and to please call us with what we are to do next. When they called back they want us to keep the pre-op appts and plan to talk to the surgeon tomorrow.

Well, I am getting really good at waiting and know that God does have a plan and there IS a reason for this delay. Hopefully, we will find out tomorrow and all of this will be crystal clear.

No comments: