Thursday, June 19, 2008

perspective...

Life is all about perspective. Is the glass half empty or is the glass half full? Same glass, same water...it's all about perspective.


For the better part of six weeks Jayne & I have been on a roller coaster ride. Medical test, doctor visits, consultations, pressure filled days looking for answers. Now that the roller coaster has come to a stop and we are on a road that Jayne & I have never traveled before. The human side of me wants answers and guarantees but we know that is not feasible. The human side of me wants to know what is going to happen tomorrow and the days after but we know that is not possible either. 

I am reminded of the scripture found in James 4: 13 & 14, James reminds us to not make plans or worry about tomorrow by posing this question of perspective. "What is your life? "He says " you are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes". This scripture helps me with my perspective. I would love to know what tomorrow holds. I long to know what next week holds. Yet, I am comforted because I only need to live for today and let tomorrow take care of itself. 

I am a social creature and people in my life are so important to me. I have always loved visiting and entertaining whether it is on the phone, over a meal or in my home. Do to my daily health challenges I find that my ability to be the social creature that I am is sometimes challenged.  I mention this here because many of you have been gracious to postpone or wait until the last minute to plan a visit with me. For those of you who know me, this is a departure from my usual "let's get together" attitude. In all honesty this has been very difficult and I thank each of you for your understanding. 

My glass is still half full...

No comments: