Monday, June 30, 2008

see you soon...

It is with much sorrow that I write in place of Brent. 

Each day of the weekend Brent spent sharing anything and everything that was on his mind. Our family took turns spending time laughing and crying with him. Each day he sensed his strength lessening and he began to surrender to Gods calling him home. Not one of us could have asked for a greater gift than the time that was shared. 

On Sunday morning as B & I began our morning and he looked directly into my eyes and said "Honey, I just can't fight anymore." I knew he was right. This man had spent the whole weekend focused on all of our needs and not his own and now it was time for him to focus on going home. As the day progressed I managed his pain and did my best to get him some of the peace he so deserved. As he struggled between a healthy mind, not wanting to leave me and his family behind and hearing God's voice calling him home, he was truly in the fight of his life. As the night progressed and all of us did our best to keep him cool and comfortable, I said "how about we go to bed, I will turn off the lights and crawl up next to you and we will go to bed?" he answered "yes", so each one of the boys kissed & hugged him and left the room. 


11:15P.M. I turned out the lights crawled up to lay next to him, told him that I loved him, he said "I love you back" and I began to listen to him breath. At first they labored, next there were long cleansing breathes that changed into about 5 short breathes, each one having a longer time in between until he exhaled his final breathe. I knew Jesus had met him and taken him home. I looked at the clock and it was 12:46 a time that will forever be engraved in my heart.

"See you soon" are the words that I to use instead of "good bye", good bye for me seems so final and without the hope of seeing that person again. 

"See you soon", has for me the hope of eternity  and holds all of God's promises of spending eternity together. 

"See you soon" were my the last words I whispered into his ear and he left this earth.

So as I focus on his upcoming Celebration Service I wanted use this site to post all of the details.

Please join my family in Brent's Celebration Service.

Sunday, July 13th @ 3P.M.

Azusa Pacific University
Upper Turner Campus Center
901 Alosta Avenue
Azusa, California 91702

(See the campus map below.)


It was Brent's desire to set up a scholarship fund at Azusa Pacific University.
We would like to ask that in lieu of flowers, any donations be made to the
Fletcher Family Endowed Scholarship Fund.
Donations can be sent to the same address as above.

If you have any questions, feel free to email them to us.




6 comments:

The Thorntons said...

Jane and the boys,
Our hearts go out to you and your family. As short as Brent's time was on this earth, please know that he touched so many of us in such deep and profound ways that our lives are forever changed. We will miss him dearly, but we know that God had a bigger and better plan for him.
If there is anything we can do for you, know that we are here for you.
God bless you all,
Lisa, John and the girls

Anonymous said...

Brent & Mary Hagstrom want you to know how much "PB" (Pastor Brent) meant to us. He had a way of lighting up the room when he came in. We believe it was the love of Christ in him.
He could make anyone feel comfortable due to his keen sensitivity. He truly had the gift of hospitality and teaching and we are blessed to have been touched by his friendship.
You have a great family and we know that it will see you through any hard times ahead.
May you know God's love for you in a special way during these days.

Anonymous said...

Jayne and Family,

We still cant believe Brent is with Jesus! Our hearts are so heavy for the pain you must be going through and the huge hole that is left in your family since he passed away. He was a very sweet, cheerful man, a beautiful dad, husband, brother and friend. Our prayer is that the Holy Spirit will heap tons of grace upon you to get through this painful time.
We are grateful for the fun times our families had, floating on the river,listening to James Taylor.
We'll do it again in eternity, in paradise like we've never imagined. Imagine, Brent is already experiencing that.
With heavy hearts and fond memories. The Barnett Family

Anonymous said...

Miss Jayne, and those 3 boys,

Please know that my heart hurts deeply for the void that now stands before you, and at the same time, I am happy that Brent is in God's hands, and looking after us all from above.
Brent, AKA Puff Daddy, Brentone, and the Rev, was one of the most loved men I have ever known, He touched so many people, and he has touched me in a way that will truely last my lifetime.
You and the boys are very special, and I want you to know that if there is anything that Jimbo can do, please let me know.

Anonymous said...

Jayne & Family,

Our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family. Brent was such a wonderful and beautiful person who will be greatly missed. Know that his spirit will live on in many of us whose lives he blessed. We believe in our hearts that God must have great plans to have chosen Brent at this time. We thank you and your family for sharing your lives and Brent’s life with all of us. When we think of Brent we think of him with his big hat floating along the river which he loved so much. Please know that if you or the boys need anything please don’t hesitate to call.
May God comfort you and your family through this time.
Much Love, Lori & Brett Curry

Anonymous said...

Jayne & Family...
I just returned from visiting my Son and family in Las Vegas and logged on to this blog to check up on all of you. What a shock to see that Brent had passed. My tears are for you and the boys, but I know that Brent is pain free and watching over you. I have a stong belief that we all are together again in the hereafter, and that part gives me comfort. Thank you so much for letting me experience these final chapters of life of a wonderful man. My deepest, deepest sympathy to you all.
With much love,
Patty Doxtater