Wednesday, May 7, 2008

hurry up and wait...

Yesterday and last night were really tough ones. I just couldn't get the pain under control. So we called my GP, Dr. Ferguson, and got in to see him right away. I was concerned because it was the left side of my chest. After a brief exam the doctor found nothing wrong with the heart or lungs. He gave us the green light to have the tests that were scheduled.


We arrived at COH @ 2:30 as requested, checked in, and went to the nuclear medicine waiting room. When we sat down there was a sign that said" if you have been waiting over 30 minutes and have not spoken to a tech, please let us know" great! So we waited, and waited, and waited. Jayne noticed that 30 minutes had past, so she went down the hall to "let us know"....the gentlemen she spoke to was just about to call the front desk because his computer didn't have us checked in...so in we went. The injection of radioactive isotope went pretty smoothly and then we were off to claim our 3pm CT scan and it was now 3:15. Jayne told me that she would check me in......she told the gentlemen that she had checked us in with at 2:30, that he was the one who was in trouble for not checking us in and our being late and something else that I couldn't hear. So we sat and waited and waited and waited and waited until 4:15 (we couldn't find the "let us know sign:) When we were taken back to the scan room, I went in & Jayne reminded them that we had a bone scan set for 5pm to which they told us "no problem". We he did finish in time and we made it to our bone scan and we left the building @ 6pm.

By the time we got home, the surgeon, Dr. Josephson, had called to say that the bone scan was free of any cancer! The only thing we needed to watch for was that he might glow in the dark for a few days...teeeeheeee! A little light humor after a long day. Great news! Amen and AMEN!




actual Skull Scan...


3 comments:

Chelle said...

AMEN is right! I am THRILLED with the news! God is good. Love and prayers, Chelle

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! and Praise GOD! Great news...looking forward to MORE good news soon! love..bob and kathy

Anonymous said...

I've been praying for both of you every night when Grant and Jen gave me the news. God is so good and I pray for strength for Jayne and pray for healing for you. God Bless you both,
Hugs, Renee` Little (Jen's Mom)