Sunday, May 18, 2008

sunday, monday...

Tuesday, right now it seems like forever away. (tuesday, is my next doctors appt) 
We find ourselves holding up under the strain of waiting pretty well. I spent the day watching golf, phoning a few friends and taking frequent naps. The pain medications seems to be keeping the pain at a manageable level. Yes, writing down each time I take them has helped.
I seem to be retaining water in my lower body. We told the pain management doctor they made notes and we emailed the surgeon & he said that the tumor is pressing on the inferior vena cava, this is a large, yet short vein that carries deoxygenated blood from the lower half of the body to the heart. He suggested to elevate my feet and make sure to call them if I  get short of breath. OK??? I guess they know what they are doing and I was able to spend 2 hours lying on the couch with my feet elevated. I guess the good thing is that I was able to lay down without strong pain, it has been a long time. 
Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brent and Jayne,
I read the blog thru to the 11th when I got the information from our LA office about it. I am at a loss to offer anything but lots of thoughts and prayers, and you're getting those really often.
Tonight I went back and read everything from April 27 thru today, the 18th. What an incredible saga. If we ever have to take the hill, Jayne will be leading with the flag. She has tremendous strength and resolve!
I guess I can sympathize with you, Brent, having been a heart patient.
Only family and friends seem important.
We appreciate all you do, we miss you very, very much. I don't laugh near as much without you!
Patrick