Tuesday, May 20, 2008

puzzle pieces are still missing...

We met with the surgeon today and faced some pretty tough news. As is stands surgery is an option, if I can get clearance from a cardiologist and if my vena cava is not block by the tumor. The surgeon looked at the ct scans and seems to thing that the tumor has spread to the vena cava and if so surgery would not be possible. The MRI of my vena cava and cardiologist appointments are schedule in the first week of June which will help with making the decision for surgery or not. Today I had a chest xray, an EKG and a ultrasound of the veins in my legs to see if I was developing blood clots. All test were NORMAL......  These were all a part of my pre-op tests and we were able to get them out of the way in one day, yes, 3 tests and a doctors visit, in on day with minimal waiting.

My legs still are retaining water, I have been wear compression stockings to keep the swelling from causing pain. My overall pain is very manageable now and I am to a very comfortable level. I am also getting back to getting a good nights rest, which helps a great deal.

I am thrilled that my 3 boys, two daughter-in-laws are joining Jayne & I at the our river casa for this coming holiday weekend. At the end of the weekend, the troups will go home and Jayne & I will spend the rest of the week enjoying our little slice of heaven.

We ask that you continue to pray for strength and time, because we can never have too much of either of these.

Until next time...
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Brent & Jayne,

We just want you to know we're thinking about you. You're writing the book on "How to Deal with Cancer with a Positive Attitude". It's so interesting to read your blog.

God bless you and your family and your doctors!

Love & Hugs,
Jeff, Caroline & Garrett Rowe

The Thorntons said...

Brent and Jayne,
We have been thinking about you and praying for you for the past few weeks. This website is great, as it lets know what's going on without having to bother you when you need to rest. Have a wonderful time at the river this weekend. We wish we could be there to spend some time with you. Maybe next time. We will continue to pray for good news from the Cardiologist and for a nice, relaxing, pain-free vacation for you and the family.