Saturday, May 31, 2008

all vacations must come to an end...



So here it is Saturday night and we are heading home in the morning. We have had a wonderful time and are so glad many of you attending the week with us through this blog.
The weather has been perfect which helped us enjoy each day to its fullest. The boat has been cleaned up and put away and we hope to be back again to enjoy it in a few weeks.
It has been very special for Jayne & I to spend time together since last Tuesday. We spend some of the time reminiscing about all of the time we have spent her with the boys. Most of the time on a shoestring budget and the boys didn't even know the difference. Jayne & I have been coming her since 1973 and Jayne has practically grown up here. She learned to ski on the lake at age 4.
Our family vacations have run the gamut. We beach camped, hotel stayed, rented our own place for the summer and have been here enjoying this view since 2000. Great memories!
we will see you back in reality...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brent,

I wish we could have been at the lake with you and your family this past week. We have had so many great times together…..and so many times I remember the two of us (as it was if last month) when we were 20 something and we would drive those small jet boats on Havasu. The boats did not have any bimini tops, EFI fuel management………..but they had plenty cold beer…….via my 80 qt Igloo cooler….and oh did they suck gas. The 8 track tapes and the then modern cassette players sounded like crap…and yes the amazing 16 SPF sunscreen…..but it was fun. Remember when I camped with you, Jayne and your family at Lake Mohave and I played the Eagles all day long until my battery went dead. Amazing your Dad did not come over and rip my tape player out. I also remember the time when we were at Black Meadows with the Deemers, your mom and dad and a few other black meadows “raft regulars”. I took my boat (18’ Sleekcraft “BeepBeep”) out mid afternoon, and when I came back into the cove toward the two floating wooden rafts where everyone was sitting peacefully………I could not get the throttle to settle down. I tried to get the boat into reverse but the engine was running too fast and jammed the jet gate. So I had to turn the wheel hard at the last moment….. and the rear of my boat struck the bow of Chuck’s boat, which unfortunately was tied up to one of the rafts. Both of the rafts started heaving up and down and I think I almost knocked your mom out of here chair. As it turned out the throttle cable was worn and was sticking…………..and obviously everybody blamed me as the idiot who had been drinking Budweiser all day long. Not the “case” though…… because as you know I can drive really good after a few six packs…ha!

And then there was the time that we went to Lake Perris with a brand new jet boat that you took out of your Dad’s boat shop. Don, Ramsey, you, me and Dan Whitaker were all there. By mid afternoon we were all feeling really good and a lake bottom mud fight ensued with the new shiny boat in the middle of it. By the time we stopped every square inch of the boat was covered in mud. And I know you remember having your bachelor party out at Lake Perris with a bunch of us. Don and I had bought you the typical items (only material things……and none of them were breathing) that every bachelor party has………and if I recall right they were quite the hit. The Igloo cooler of margaritas and the cases of beer ran out before the end of the party that day. And as usual everyone packed into the back of my Ranchero.

You have been such a good friend to me…….. and you have significantly enriched my life. Your illness has been devastating to me and I am sure to all those around you………..and I want to say again to you that I think of you every day and keep believing that you will win this battle.

Your good friend………. Bruce