Saturday, May 17, 2008

the results...

We have been letting the news set in from yesterday. The pathology report is shows metastatic cancer most likely consistent with renal cell carcinoma, clear cell type, ie. Kidney Cancer. So where do we go from here? The doctor is scheduling surgery to remove the kidney or a cytoreductive nephrectomy. The surgery will be scheduled in 2 to 3 weeks. We meet with the doctors on Tuesday, May 20th @ 8:30am. We are also being scheduled to meet again with the Oncologist. This news just confirms what we already knew, that there is a tough battle ahead. We feel as though we have been wondering around in the dust and now have been put back on the road to getting this taken care of, which feels much better.
The medication is still a bit of a science experiment. I still struggle with a loopie feeling, if I get too much & I still have to fight off a nausea feeling. I am having some side effects as expected. I have to say that over all my days are a little bit better. Needless to say, last nights sleep wasn't the best. I am still having to sleep in my recliner and having the "what it is" causes me to start thinking about the surgery and I am definitely not looking forward to the title of "patient". One day at a time, right?
Depending on the scheduled date of the surgery, we may take our vacation a few weeks early. We will go to our little slice of heaven, Lake Havasu, I always say, a bad day at the lake is better than a good day at work.



Here is my the view from my patio.......NICE!




Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Knowing does give a feeling of power rather than being in the dark....I have found that to be true in several situations in my life.....and with that knowing you can concentrate on a choice of direction. I hope the doctors can get the medications under control so that you feel better and can get a good sleep. You are in my constant thoughts and prayers, Chelle